Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 6 October 2012

Review # 12: Piercing the Fold- Venessa Kimball

Title: Piercing the Fold
Author: Venessa Kimball
Pages: 350
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I was given this book from the author as an incentive to read and review her book by October 7, 2012, and enter the huge giveaway that she is hosting.

I would definitely define this book as new adult, between YA and adult. I really enjoyed this book. I found it to be interesting and held my attention throughout. It was action packed and I just wanted to keep reading it right until the end. The only thing that I didn't like was all the physics and talk of wormholes, etc in the very beginning chapters. But other then that this was an awesome book. 

I love the characters!!! Jesca, which I think is pronounced Jessica, is the main character and is a very strong willed female lead. She was orphaned and adopted at a young age, and later learns that her biological parents were guardians and so is she. She is whisked away by her mentor Ezra, and trained and gets educated on everything that she has missed in the last 15ish years of her life. 

She finds not one but two possible loves in this story, and I can't wait until the next book to see who she chooses. I also like how the novel unfolds and as you read more, secrets are being reviled, secrets that I would have never even guessed. All I can say is SHOCKER!!! 

Thank you Venessa Kimball for the great read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment