Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Friday 12 October 2012

Review #14: Charity Moon- DeAnna Marie Kinney

Title: Charity Moon
Author: DeAnna Marie Kinney
Pages: 307
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: Charity Anna Bell is your average 18 year old, finishing up her last year of high school. Well, other then the fact that she has to hide herself; for example when she comes home from school she goes directly to her room, locks the door and props a chair under the door knob for the last three years; to keep her pervert stepfather out of her room. Because of this Charity has "male issues" and does not allow herself to get close to guys. That is until the day that Levi Drake transfers to her school. 


Levi is the epitome of hotness. Every girl at Charity's school is drooling over him. Levi seems to be somewhat interested in Charity and she feels a spark, but Charity does not want to give him the time of day due to the above stated "daddy issues". She is downright rude to Levi, but Levi can handle himself. He is used to fighting for what he wants. On at least two separate occasions Levi saves Charity. He soon learns her "dirty little secret", then she learns his. He is not what he seems.



I quite enjoyed this book. At times it was a little Twilightish for me (I won't go into details because I want you to read the book and find out for yourselves about the paranormal surprise). Never the less, I still took joy in reading this novel. There was not a love triangle but what I would call a love trapezoid lol. 

But Charity and Levi only had eyes for each other, they were soul connected. And had matching markings to prove it. They even went as far to prove their love as continuosly risking their lives for each other and they proved that they would rather die they be without one another.



The only thing that I felt was snuck into the book was I found a lot of "God" references that kind of made me uncomfortable. Otherwise I really enjoyed this book. I read it in a few hours. I will be looking forward to reading the next instalment..

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha yea I had to do it so it made sense lol. And clearly I am an artist lol. Thanks bud!

      Delete