Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 3 November 2012

Review # 28: Two Halves- Marta Szemik


Title: Two Halves
Author: Marta Szemik
Pages: 372
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: This story starts off with our main character Sarah, living the high school life as somewhat of a loner. She does however have two best friends, twins Mira and Xander, who if you read my review were featured in the novella Marked. Soon we discover that Sarah is no ordinary human. She is a hybrid, a half human, half vampire who has a prophecy to fufill. Hiding in the human world and using black orchid serum with Aunt Helen is how Sarch has been concealing her carnivorous tendencies for the last eighteen years. That is, until the boy she has been dreaming of, William, shows up and whisks her away stating that she is in great danger. 
This is an example of where a novella and book blend nicely together. Things emphasized in the novella show up in the book and all that background information gives you an advantage to know what is going on in the book. 
Some of my favourite characters reappear in this book, which is super exciting. Also we get to meet a handful of new characters. I really enjoyed Aunt Helen and Sarah. William was okay but there was room for improvement. Also I'm glad that we get to see Eric again, and that he proves what side he is on. 
Overall a great read. I definitely liked it better then the fist book. Thanks to Marta for giving me the opportunity to read and review this novel. I'm looking forward to book number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment