Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 18 November 2012

Review #38: Runaway Girl- Carissa Phelps


Title: Runaway Girl: Escaping Life on the Streets, One Helping Hand at a Time
Author: Carissa Phelps
Pages: 320
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: This is a heart breaking story of a young girl who has overcame great heart ships in order to get an education and amount to something. 
Carissa's life starts out hard and poor. She runs away at age twelve, experiencing things that most people can only imagine: Sex, Rape, Pimps, Drugs, Alcohol...etc.. For me this is hard to imagine that people live like this. This is why I like reading non- fiction and biographies, I like to learn how different people live. 
This book had me gasping at horrors right from the very beginning. I cried tears of joy and teats of sadness. I am happy that Carissa could overcome everything that she went through and go and get an education and make a name for herself. 
Thank you so much Carissa for being brave enough to share your story. Thank you for helping others to get over situations that you have been through, or getting them out of one bad situations. You are such a brave human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment