Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 15 December 2012

Review #52: Truth and Lies Past and Present- Katherine Rochholz

Title: Truth and Lies Past and Present
Author: Katherine Rochholz
Pages: 151
Series: The Katy Lily Series
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: This book pleasantly surprised me. From the blurb, I thought that it was an adult book and that I wouldn't like it, but I was wrong. I quite enjoyed it once it got past the being Harry Potter's twin. For about the first third or more of the book I ought that I was reading Harry Potter but with an orphan girl. For enable, Katy recieved a letter of admissions to a magical school, then some man comes and finds her and takes her shopping for everything she will need for school like books, wands and cloaks. But first they had to go get her money from the bank which was ran by dwarves. Once at the school there are five different houses in which the students reside depending on what element they posses. Katy is a fire element she her outfit is a black skirt with a red blouse and yellow tie, and so on and so forth. Once all of that stuff is out of the way the book gets much better as we follow Katy through her first year of schooling at this magical school.
I really enjoyed Katy as a character. She grows on you right from the very beginning when she is living on the streets alone and orphaned at the young age of nine. Because of this, Katy is a tough little girl who knows how to stand up for herself. My only problem with Katy's character was that sometimes what she said and how she acts is way more mature than a nine year old. But otherwise what an awesome character. I'm excited to read the series and learn more about the other characters.
Again another great read by Katherine Rochholz. I would recommend this book to anyone pretty much as long as they can read. I will most definitely continue this series to see where the author is taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment