Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Friday 8 February 2013

Book Club Review: The Hand of God- Tim Miller

Book Description: Charlie Sims is the pastor of a small church. However, he's thinks he's on a special mission from God to rid the world of sinners. As he brutally carries out his work, a mysterious man delivers a message that will change his life forever. A battle ensues for the fate of mankind. 

Charlie finds himself in a struggle with the spiritual realm only to learn that nothing is what it seems. He must choose between accepting his own identity or realizing his own beliefs have been wrong his whole life. Whichever he chooses, nothing will ever be the same, and no one is safe.

Title: The Hand of God
Author: Tim Miller
Pages: 231
Rating: 3/5 Stars
Review: I just recently joined a book club and this was our first read. Now, normallyI would never pick his book up. I am not  religious at all, so the thoughts of this book being supper religious made me a bit uncomfortable. As I started reading, I quickly learned that this was not a religious book, but there as religion involved. I found this book to be a bit scary, along the lines of SAW. It contains nephilim, demons, GOD and Lucifer. I just didn't "get it". I liked all of the details that the author used, even though most of them were gruesome. I felt like the sides of good and evil became mixed and the characters were mostly evil, thinking that they were doing good things. This book was good, just not my type at all.




About this author



Tim Miller has studied various religions, as well as psychology and has worked in several fields involving the study of human behavior. After serving four years in the U.S. Marines, Tim spent six years working as a corrections officer. Tim also worked as a technician in a psychiatric center. The Hand of God is Tim's first novel in almost ten years. He currently lives in San Antonio, Texas with his fiance and their children.

Tim became a fan of horror as a teenager. At the age of fourteen he would often read Stephen King books while listening to Iron Maiden on his head phones. He would write short stories to entertain himself and his friends. In 2001, Tim Published his first book, Without a Trace, and then Out of Nowhere a year later. These were mystery/suspense thrillers, but frightening enough in their own right.

After a ten year break and writing two inspirational books, Tim is back at it writing horror with The Hand of God. It is the first book in the series about Pastor Charlie, the preacher/serial killer. Tim is currently working on the second book in the Pastor Charlie series.

1 comment:

  1. This is an outstanding read.I highly recommend this book! I was obsessed with reading this and could not put it down until it was finished.The Equation

    ReplyDelete