Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Friday 8 February 2013

Review #85: Program 13- Nicole Sobon


Two identities. One Body.

17-year-old Emile Reed, may have died, but she isn't dead. Her body now belongs to Program Thirteen, where her every thought, every movement, is controlled. Until Emile begins to find her way back inside of Thirteen's core, where she manages to fend off Thirteen’s programming to reclaim the life that she lost. But Charles McVeigh, the owner of Vesta Corp, isn’t willing to let Thirteen go. And he will stop at nothing to reclaim control of Thirteen's programming. Because without her, McVeigh has nothing.
What makes you human?

Title: Program 13
Author: Nicole Sobon
Series: The Emilie Reed Chronicles 
Pages: 316
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: Normally, sci-fi novels are my least favorite genre to read, but Program 13 was awesome. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I was entertained throughout. When reading this book, I thought of The Cold Awakening Series by Robin Wasserman. They have similar plots. I found Program 13 to be an easy and fun read. Also it was packed full of action. Nicole Sobon gave such great details in this story. 
I loved to internal struggle that Emilie, the main charcater, continually has to fight against Program 13 to stay herself. I would probably go crazy in her position. I would hate to have to listen a little voice on my head try to escape and take over my mind. I hope in future books we learn more secrets and why Emile was targeted. I found her to be a very strong character who overcame so many obstacles and deals with the constantly. Colton was also fun to read about. But I have this weird feeli about him. Like he is hiding something. I though it was weird how him and Emile became such fast friends and that he accepted her secret, no questions asked. Hopefully we also learn more about him and that he has no ulterior motives. I want to know if there will be a romance between these two. This book has no romance what so ever lol.
This is definitely a book to add to your TBR pile. Even if sci- fi isn't your thing, give this book a shot. I did and I don't regret it one bit. I would recommend this book to everyone. I will be continuing this series for sure!


Nicole Sobon is the author of the Emile Reed Chronicles, Capture, No Place Like Home, and various short stories.

1 comment: