Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 18 August 2013

Review #158: Redemption- R.K. Ryals


Summary: A fateful car accident, a strange Abbey ruled by an even stranger Abbess, an insane Demon, a world where right and wrong becomes dangerously twisted, and a confident, rebellious teenager . . . .

Dayton Blainey is a foul-mouthed, grief-stricken young woman forced to live with a religiously eccentric aunt who favors her moral older sister. But when Dayton's life becomes intertwined with a dangerous stranger, she suddenly finds herself at the center of a war fought since the beginning of time.

Trapped between what she believes is right, and a forbidden attraction, Dayton must come to terms with betrayal and her surprising lineage to stop a war before it even begins.
Title: Redemption
Author: R.K. Ryals
Pages: 340
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I've had this book hanging out on my kindle for awhile. I grabbed it while it was free. Luckily, I had the opportunity to read it for the Sweet 16 Summer Splash challenge.
I enjoyed this book because it wasn't your typical angel/ demon book. I loved the secrets and mysteries surrounding everything. I liked the cult aspects that were involved. I loved the sexual tension going on, it was so thick!! I wanted to jump in and help out ;) haha if you know what I mean. This book helped to change my opinion on angels and demons because they aren't my favourite to read about, but by reading this I realized that there is more to angels and demons then just the norm. I will continue on with this series.
Dayton is a cool character. She is the black sheep in her "family". I love that she has badass friends and they keep her confident in herself and don't let her conform with her aunt and sister. Marcas is so SEXY!!! Holy hell! I guess it's because he had a millennia to perfect his hotness haha and it worked. If I was in Dayton's shoes I would not be resisting him haha. I can't wait to find out more about Marcas. Also I hope his mom and Dayton's dad show up for a longer appearance.
I would recommend this series to those who love angels and demons. I will definitely read more books by the talented R.K. Ryals.



About this author
Born in Jackson, Mississippi, R. K. Ryals is a scatterbrained mother of three whose passion is reading whatever she can get her hands on. She makes her home in Mississippi with her husband, three daughters, a Shitzsu named Tinkerbell, and a coffeepot she couldn't live without. Visit her at www.rkryals.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment