Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Monday 19 August 2013

Review #159: DeadBorn- C.M. Stunich


Summary: “In a few days, days, the whole world will fall to the undead. It's inevitable.”

I'm being chased by the DeadBorn and everything's gone chaotic.

Just last night I was playing baseball in the park. Now, hordes of undead swarm the streets, roused by a magic that's raging out of control, drawing the lifeless from their graves and luring demons from a different world. And they're all after the one person that I care about: my girlfriend, Holly. She's being chased by a necromancer who won't stop until she finds her. Not even if it means bathing the world in a wash of blood.

The DeadBorn are almost impossible to kill. A simple head shot won't do the trick. We have to break them into pieces, smash them until they're nothing. And those are just the lopers. There are other DeadBorn, too, ones with fire in their faces, some that spew acid, and then there are the ones that can take down helicopters.

We'd already be dead if it weren't for Holly's dreams. She says she knows what to do, and I think we're just going to have to trust her because there's no time for anything else. We can't run; we can't even hide.

The necromancer knows where we are, and the legion is coming.
Title: DeadBorn
Author: C.M. Stunich
Pages: 298
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I love C.M. Stunich, obviously I love reading any book by her. Deadborn first attracted me with its gorgeous cover, then that it was about ZOMBIES!!! I love zombies, but this was not your typical zombie story. I wouldn't even call it a post- apocalyptic zombie read, I feel like it was more of a paranormal read.i loved reading about all of the different types of "zombies" and how they interacted with each other and their individual attributes. The only thing that I found a. Little confusing was the whole Holly and Patricia relationship. I wish that I had more background on them and their situations.
Holly was kick ass! I probably wouldn't have been as brave as her in that situation. I just want to know more about her. Why did she keep so much from the others for so long? When did she realize that the visions were real? And so much more. I love the name Galen!!! So HOT!! I love that he was a strong male character he had no idea how to act when the zombies arrived, therefore he let Holly take the lead which would be hard for any male haha. I'm glad their relationship could stay strong through everything. I want to know what will happen now!
I would recommend this book to zombie lovers and C.M. fans. I of course will continue to read anything and everything by C.M. Stunich because I love her.




About this author
C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance.

Always a fan of the indie scene and 'sticking it to the man,' Ms. Stunich decided to take the road less traveled and forgo the traditional publishing route. You can be assured though that she received several rejections as to ensure her proper place in the world of writers before taking up a friend's offer to start a publishing company. Sarian Royal was born, and Ms. Stunich's books slowly transformed from mere baking chocolate to full blown tortes with hand sculpted fondant flowers.

C.M. is a writer obsessed with delivering the very best and scours her mind on a regular basis to select the most unusual stories for the outside world.

Ms. Stunich can be reached via e-mail or by post and loves to hear from her readers. Ms. Stunich also wrote this biography and has no idea why she decided to refer to herself in the third person.

Come visit me at www.cmstunich.com !

Happy reading and carpe diem!

Sincerely,

C.M. Stunich

No comments:

Post a Comment